St. Patrick - History - Legends - Place-names - Games - Links - Rings - E-Cards
Irish Festival Customs
- Saint Patricks Blue is the Saints own color. Green came into use in the 19th century.
- Saint Patricks Day is a legal holiday in Ireland. Schools, post offices, and banks are closed.
- Mass is attended in the morning followed by a parade nearly everywhere. Saint Patricks Day is the start of a three day period of devotion.
- Bread and fish are popular foods for the day.
- Saint Patricks Day plays and concerts are performed in the afternoon. Major hotels have musical lineups. (1, 11)