St. Patrick - History - Legends - Place-names - Games - Links - Rings - E-Cards
- Fact: There are more Americans of Irish descent than the Irish. According to Sínead of QVC there are 4 million people on the island of Ireland and 40 million in the USA.
- Festivities can begin up to a week before Saint Patricks Day. Entertainers go on tour.
- Colleges and universities have special Irish programs: poets, violinists: fiddlers, singers, dancers, actors, history, folklore.
- Mass is attended on the morning of Saint Patricks Day with an afternoon parade in larger cities. Bostons began in 1737.
- Television programs on Saint Patrick are run
- Evenings are dinners, dances, and celebrations in homes, restaurants, pubs, and Irish clubs.
- Green Mardi Gras Beads are a new custom. Greeting cards are in stores. (1. 11)