New Years Page - Countdown - Customs - Rings - E-Cards
Yan Yat: Everybodys Birthday: The seventh day of the Chinese New Year is Yan Yat, Everybodys Birthday. The Goddess Nüwa created human beings by molding them from clay. Farmers make a drink from seven types of vegetables. Noodles are eaten to promote longevity and raw fish for success. (5, 6)
- First Day of Chinese New Year: Welcoming of the Gods.
- Second Day: For the ancestors and dieties and is the birthday of all dogs.
- Fifth Day: Po Woo: Choi Sun, God of Wealth. [Welcomed at home on fifth day. Visiting brings bad luck]
- Eighth Day: Tien Gong, King of Heaven [Prayed to at midnight. Fujian province]
- Ninth Day: Tsao Chun: Kitchen God, Zao Wang: The Lord Who Watches over the Hearth [His image is burnt and his smoke ascends to the heaven of the Jade Emperor. He is a triple god]
- Kwan Yin, Goddess of Mercy
- Cheng Huan, God of Canton City
- Kwan Gung, God of War and Justice
- Tien Hou, Queen of Heaven
- Tang Yao a.k.a Fangxun Laozi [ 600 BC to 200 BC author of the Tao Te Ching]
- Yü Shun a.k.a Shun Yao
- Zhuan Xu
- Di Ku